Information we collect
We collect information from you when you make a booking through our reservation system or stay at Sound View hotel. Information collected during your reservation and during your stay may include:
- Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality and payment card information;
- Information such as stay and room preferences made during the course of your reservation such as your preferred room type and specific requests to the hotel.
This information may be provided to us directly when you make a reservation through our websites or directly at the hotel. In some cases we may receive this information from a third-party, such as when you book through an online travel agency.
How we use this information
We use the information collected from you primarily to fulfill your hotel reservation. Prior to your stay this may include sending you information about our hotel or sending you pre-stay communications. Following your stay, we may also send you post-stay communications and satisfaction surveys to get feedback on your experience.
We also may use information related to your stay to display targeted advertisements on our websites or on third-party websites or to send you more relevant messaging. Additionally, we use this information for purposes of aggregated trend and statistical analysis to evaluate and improve our products and services, plan new hotel locations and services and other market research.
We take the utmost care to ensure that the Personal Information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or are not agreeable to. If you wish to participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists we may ask for information such as your name, email or postal address. Typical information includes:
- Plan and purchase hotel accommodations
- Enter your email to communicate about marketing, promotions and surveys
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve our offering on our web
Using our websites and other technology
Cookie statement and policy
Please read this cookie statement carefully before using or obtaining any materials, information, products or services through the site. By accessing the site, you agree to accept, without limitation or qualification, this cookie statement:
We reserve the right to change, update, or correct any of this Cookie Statement or any information contained in the Site at any time without notice by posting an amended statement to the Site. Your continued use of the Site means that you accept and agree to the revised Cookie Statement. If you do not accept this Cookie Statement (as amended from time to time), please exit the Site.
What is a cookie: A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember as well as obtain information about that party. You might be assigned a cookie when visiting our websites. In some instances, where permitted under the applicable law, cookies may also be used for the purposes of certain email campaigns.
What types of cookies we use and how we use them: We use three primary types of cookies, which include:
- Functional Cookies – these cookies support the use of the website and applications and enable certain features to enhance your experience. For example, we use functional cookies to facilitate your reservation and to remember your selections as you move from page to page.
- Performance Cookies – these cookies collect information needed to support the website and our applications and allow us to improve our website and identify any problems that you faced while visiting us. For example, performance cookies may provide us with information about how you came to our website and how you navigated around our website during your visit. We also use these cookies to provide us with certain statistical and analytics information, such as how many visitors came to our website or how effective our advertising is.
- Targeting Cookies – these cookies are used to collect information from you to help us to improve our products and services as well as serve you with targeted advertisements that we believe will be relevant for you. We use targeting cookies across our websites and applications for various marketing initiatives and campaigns. To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit the All About Cookies – This link opens a new browser tab website.
- Third-party cookies: As described above, we use a number of third-party service providers to help us manage, carry out and improve our advertising. These parties may set cookies at our direction to help us collect information and provide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. In some instances, these third parties may also assist us by providing certain statistical and analytical information in relation to our marketing practices. We also may share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with third parties to use for their own analytics and marketing purposes.
Managing cookies and opting out: If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser. However, if you block them, you will not be able to use all of the features of our websites and in some cases certain services, and functionality may not be available. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at the All About Cookies – This link opens a new browser tab website.