A worthy successor to our 90 point (Wine Enthusiast Magazine) 2015 Rose. Aromas of fresh-cut watermelon, strawberry and rose petal. Balanced flavors of raspberry and rhubarb. Fresh, very dry and full with a hint of the classic North Fork brine in the finish.
2016 was a fairly interesting vintage because it was so dry in the spring and early summer and so hot and humid in July and August. The fall rain presented a challenge in the vineyard but did not materially affect the harvest. Fruit was flavorful, balanced and ripe despite coming into the cellar with slightly lower brix levels than previous vintages.
- Vineyard: Kontokosta
- Variety/Blend: 45% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Franc, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hand-harvested: 10/5, 10/20 and 11/3
- Winemaking: Direct press – whole cluster. Syrah vinified separately. Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon vinified together in single tank. Cool 60°F fermentation in stainless steel. No malo-lactic fermentation.
- Bottled: March 2016
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Cases Produced: 332
- Retail Price: $22.00
- Enjoy: Drink now for optimum enjoyment
- Winemaker: Gilles Martin
- Release Date: Drink now for optimum enjoyment